Amy Valentine Brookes
- Instructor LevelPiano, Drums
- Level of CertificationInstructor, 2016
- Taubman TeacherElizabeth Swarthout
- MentorElizabeth Swarthout and John Bloomfield
- Educational BackgroundB.Sc. Marine Biology, Minor in Western Art Music (piano): U.C. Santa Cruz; Masters in Quantitative Marine Ecology (University of Sydney, Australia)
- Berkeley, CA, USA
Amy Valentine Brookes has studied with Elizabeth Swarthout for 22 years, and with John Bloomfield since 2009. She has a music minor from U.C. Santa Cruz and is a board member of the Music Teachers’ Association of California (Alameda branch). She teaches out of her studio based in Berkeley, California. Amy is also a drummer, and has applied the Taubman Approach to her drumming to play pain-free and with ease.