Philadelphia Workshop Teacher Training 2017
This unique Philadelphia Workshop is designed specifically for serious students of the Taubman work, participants in the Professional Training Program, faculty, and certified teachers. The work of this workshop is designed to accelerate your certificaton process!
Friday evening work session: Mastering the basic technique workshop!
How to turn in one piece and teach students to rotate effectively! Turning in one piece can be the first big challenge of teaching the Taubman work well. We will make an An in-depth look at the fundamentals of alignment, and its application to teaching the basic work well.
This three-day event is a rare opportunity to explore, learn, and implement the basic elements of the Taubman Approach.
New this year! Staccato playing in single note playing, octaves, and chords.
How will this work?
With a combination of private sessions and hands-on work sessions dealing with the fundamental alignments, components, combinations, proportions, and appropriate key placements, we delve deeply into the pedagogy of all these elements. Questions can be asked and answered in a small, safe environment. You will emerge with far greater clarity as to the correct teaching of these elements! This will greatly impact your teaching.
What does participation look like?
- Having a one-on-one session with Edna Golandsky or Robert Durso with observation from the other participants (participant session slots now filled).
- Public classes – short sessions dealing with the diagnosis and proper implementation of the basic technique.
- Participating as an observer. Although it is strongly recommended to attend with at least one student, this is not a requirement.
- Bringing your students to the hands-on fundamentals sessions.
- All participants in public lessons agree to be filmed for distribution through the Golandsky Institute.
Friday, March 17 (7:00 PM – 9:00 PM) Free to participants registered for the weekend!
Saturday, March 18 (Approximately 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM)
Sunday, March 19 (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
There will be a lunch break of 90 minutes both Saturday and Sunday. Students of teachers in the program can come free of charge for a one-on-one session in front of the group and the student stays for their lesson portion only.
Register now – limited availability.
The Golandsky Institute has been the recipient of a generous donation from the RORER FOUNDATION. This donation has been given to train the next generation of Golandsky Institute faculty and Taubman teachers certified through the Golandsky Institute. We can provide this excellent workshop at a fraction of the cost through the generous support of the Rorer Foundation.