Myriam came from France for the Golandsky Institute Workshop in July at Forum Musikae in Madrid. After years of frustration at the piano, she was desperately seeking help with forearm and wrist pain that had persisted after surgery. In thanks for the “wonderful week of learning” Myriam wrote “This work and your style of teaching are the most intelligent, human-centered, generous and compassionate I have ever been exposed to as a learner. My relationship with the piano has been a heartbreak in my life and I consider it a privilege to embark on this journey at the piano with so much new knowledge.”
Myriam was just one of the hundreds of musicians around the world who, thanks to the generosity of donors like you, have been able to attend our growing number of Golandsky Institute workshops and symposia. Like Myriam, many of these musicians are helped to overcome debilitating injuries. Others, while not necessarily injured, say their playing has been transformed by the Taubman Approach.
Last season was a milestone for the Institute – our 15th year! In that time, we undertook some exciting initiatives:
• We expanded our international presence with workshops in Spain, Great Britain and Australia
• We held our first Symposium at UC Berkeley
• We launched our new website (golandskyinstitute.org), providing users with richer content and a better online experience
• We increased the number of our instructional videos available to stream by 45% —and more are in the works!
• We are proud that Sophie Till took the Taubman Approach for String Players to musicians in the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, the Royal Scottish Orchestra & others in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Going forward, we hope to build on these initiatives. Your donation to the Golandsky Institute will allow us to:
• Develop new workshops around the country and the world to reach more students of all ages and playing levels and gain greater exposure for the Institute’s work
• Grow our Teacher Certification Program to significantly enlarge the pool of expert Taubman teachers
• Help more students in need by greatly expanding our scholarship program
• Deliver even more high-quality digital content to the general public
But we can’t achieve these goals without your help. If you are already a donor to the Golandsky Institute, we are very grateful for your continued support. And if you’re not yet a donor, won’t you please consider making a tax-deductible gift, so that we can reach more students like Myriam and help them achieve their musical potentials?
You can donate either online at golandskyinstitute.org or by sending a check to Golandsky Institute, Park West Finance Station, P.O. Box 20726, New York, New York 10025. Your generosity will truly make a difference for a small organization like ours—and for the many musicians who will benefit from our work.
With warm regards,
Founder and Artistic Director, The Golandsky Institute
If mailing a check, please send your donation to:
The Golandsky Institute
Park West Finance Station
P.O. Box 20726
New York, NY 10025